As the weather starts to get warmer, we’re headed into spring cleaning season! If you have retired recently, now can be a great time to get to all those cleaning projects that you have been putting off. Throw open the windows and let the sun in while you clean! A clean house can really help you to feel organized and ready to take on the day. Cleaning can also help you get rid of things you don’t need, make more space, and help you notice what you’re missing in your home.
Here’s a quick checklist of things you may want to take a look at:
- Clean windows: spraying down your windows both inside and out can help more light get into your rooms.
- Dust blinds and shades
- Replace old or flickering light bulbs: Take a look at all of your fixtures because sometimes you may not even notice a bulb or two has gone out!
- Sweep/vacuum floors
- Mop floors/deep clean carpets
- Clean under big furniture: Now can be a great time to move your couches, beds, refrigerators, etc., and clean the floors under them
- Deep clean your oven, stove top, and kitchen counters
- Empty out your fridge and freezer and clean them thoroughly
- Dust/wash frames and decorative items
- Dust/polish any wood furniture
- Wash all pillows, blankets, and bedding
- Rotate or flip your mattress
- Change batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Clean and replace shower curtains and liners
- Clean/bleach bathroom surfaces
- Throw away or donate any of your unwanted or unused winter clothes
If organization is something you value, spring can also be a great time to get your finances in order. Click HERE to sign up for a complimentary review of your financial picture with us at Gosline Retirement Planning, and we can help you to organize your financial plans for the future.